I was privileged to spend four days in Las Vegas attending the 19th Annual HFMA Western Region Symposium. This was the first-time it was a joint event between Region 10 and 11. I came home with lots of valuable information but here are my top 10 takeaways from the event.
- Kicking off the Welcome Reception with some football fun was a huge hit… if you must know, I sat with the Bronco’s table
- The must -attend 80’s event was an absolute blast and yes, I dressed up
- The invaluable sessions centered around revenue cycle and leadership
- An interesting healthcare fact: $5,731 is the average deductible for the Bronze plan in 2017
- The key-note speakers Wayne Newton and Seth Mattison were extremely insightful
- A compelling healthcare fact: Patient responsibility is increasing on average 15% annually
- Lots and lots of networking and open discussions
- An inspiring leadership fact: We often sacrifice what we want most for what we want right now
- A thought-provoking healthcare fact: If a patient pays a portion of their bill at point of service they are 60% more likely to pay the full debt on time
- Did I mention you could stand in line to get a picture with Wayne Newton?
What resonated with you? Send me an email with your takeaways!