This sign makes me smile every time I see it. On any given day, I could post this banner in each of CBE’s seven facilities and maybe, just maybe, it would get the point across of the urgency our Human Resources team feels when we constantly tackle hiring a large number of new employees in a small amount of time.
CBE has hired 800+ employees so far in 2014. Two hundred of those associates began employment within a 30-day window, and over 100 of them in a new start-up facility in Texas. It has been a busy year to say the least!
I have come to realize that being a Recruiter is one of the toughest jobs in Human Resources. On one hand our Recruiters are fortunate enough to play an important part in a company that is growing and expanding, on the other hand, you have to be able to handle hiring goals … big hiring goals … with minimal notice … and work for a boss (ok that might be me) that expects the team to hit every goal.
In order to be successful for our clients, creativity is a key trait we look for when hiring Recruiters, as the job is so much more than simply posting jobs on Monster, Career Builder or the newspaper. Here’s a few of the creative things we’ve done that paid off in hiring more than 800 new employees in seven locations across the world in 2014:
- Distributed branded t-shirts to all employees in our new Texas facility with CBEjobs.com boldly printed on the back. We encouraged everyone to wear their t-shirts to the grocery store, sporting events, etc. to help us recruit and get CBE’s name out.
- Put flyers on cars during high school football play-off games.
- Walking billboards at summer festivals.
- Employees marched in parades (even in the rain!)
- Sponsored hockey games.
- Screen advertising at local movie theaters.
- Extensive posting, sharing and searching on social media.
Branding CBE and being resourceful in getting people to know us is the key. Being able to say I have a team of awesome, dedicated and creative Recruiters spells S-U-C-C-E-S-S … and equals more G-R-O-W-T-H!